[V8Vairs] Thought- Cooling Pipes

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Mon Dec 5 20:05:48 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sadek, Charles H CIV B-DeptStaff" <charles.sadek at navy.mil>

I would run the largest pipe I could, 2" or bigger, for the cooling effect.
Chuck S
****
I believe smaller tubing but more of it would give more surface area vs
volumn of water and more cooling.  The "interior": water in the middle of a
large tube of it would not have a chance to cool much at all.
****
How about 3 or 4 of one inch dia tubes IN, & 1 or 2 of 1.5 inchers OUT of
radiator.  A nice billet aluminum manifold on the side tanks as per der
Rickster's Rig would look nice.
********
Oh, and remember at least half the heat problem comes from the engine
setting in a dead air space; gotta convey that hot air out of the engine pod