[V8Vairs] Thought- Cooling Pipes

Ryan Counterman VairKing at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:30:33 EST 2005

Cooling system:  27" wide, 1" core aluminum racing radiator from Jegs, with
a 16" puller fan on the inside.  2" and 2.25" coolent pipes fabricated from
aluminized exhaust tubing.  Miloden high volume cast water pump, and
origionally a high flow 160 degree thermostat.  At cooler ambient temps, car
would not go above 160 degrees.  Ever.  In traffic, fan off, etc.  On hot
days car would barly reach 180 degrees, and I was having some economy
problems (yea right hahah) So I put in a 190 degree tstat instead and have
been very pleased with the results, now it runs at 210 degrees on the
hottest days, and 190 on the coolest days.  The cooling fan is set to come
on at just over 210 degrees, and almost never comes on.  I have to be in
serious stop and go with the engine above idle and no air flow through the
radiator to get the fan to come on, and the car has never overheated.  Thats
my story and i'm stickin to it...
http://webpages.charter.net/vairking/pipes.htm
http://webpages.charter.net/vairking/trunk.htm
Someday ill update my site, I promise...
Ry