[V8Vairs] Crown V8 input shaft

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet at charter.net
Mon Dec 19 20:35:27 EST 2005

Jerry,
One of the things that causes the bearings to wear out, other than the fact
they are small and not made to handle the torque of a V8 is not having the
clutch or input shaft lined up with the centerline of the crank. You have to
index the bellhousing with a dial indicator and use offset dowel pins to
correct it.

Rick Norris

I just disassembled the transmission in my crown conversion and found damage
to the input shaft at the area of the needle bearings. Can any one tell me
if this is something that can be repaired or modified? If not, does anyone
know where I can find a good one.

Thanks,

Jerry