[V8Vairs] air

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 30 13:41:25 EST 2005

I'm building a rear 4.3 V6 and I plan on using a heat-def-A/C unit from
either Vintage Air or Hot Rod Air. They both have similar units. The Vintage
Air unit would be their "Compac". They used to make a cable operated one but
I think they have switched over to all electric/vacuum units. I'd like to
use a cable operated one so I could use either the stock Corvair heater or
A/C controls.
I plan on mounting it with the defroster duct outlets centered under the
dash. That would place the unit a little more centrally than a stock LM A/C
unit. I mounted my clutch master next to the brake master so I will not have
interference between the stock clutch linkage and the A/C unit.

                                               Ed