[V8Vairs] Reverse rotation 215 Buick

Sadek Charles H DLVA v8vairs@corvair.org
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:49:21 -0500

I know that Jon Brakke said he had issues and had to do some work to make
the reverse rotation system work-seems to me it dealt with the distributor.

Chuck S

-----Original Message-----
From: NicolCS@aol.com [mailto:NicolCS@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 1:44 PM
To: VairMech@aol.com; v8vairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [V8Vairs] Reverse rotation 215 Buick

In thinking about this, I'm scratching my head as  to why the guy who
'splained all this to me would need to have managed  up-thrust on the
distributor
after describing a reverse  distributor gear.  Perhaps he did it first
without
reverse  gearing on the cam/dist and then later went to the cam/dist with
the
reverse  gear system.  (from conversation with Tim Shevlin of Vintage Corsa,

ca.1973)
Confused in Idaho, Craig

 This is really a non corvair project using  the corvair drivetrain already
modified. so NO Porche stuff.

    Ken  H