[V8Vairs] Help on bellhousing Dust Cover Part No.

Ed Dowds v8vairs@corvair.org
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 07:40:03 -0500

Gary-
If you have the numbers off the bellhousing the restorers can usually
determine what the bellhousing fits.
I have run into the same problem with pulleys for my 4.3 vair. I have a
vette serpentine waterpump so I can run a v-belt on my reversed engine. That
pump is just slightly taller than the standard "short" pump. I've been
juggling pulleys trying to come up with a set that will work. It looks like
I'll run a standard short waterpump pulley and space out the crank pulley to
align the belt.
Let me know if you can't ID the bellhousing. I may be able to get someone to
look it up in a Hollander's interchange book from the numbers.
                                       Ed