[V8Vairs] Help on bellhousing Dust Cover Part No.

v8vairs@corvair.org v8vairs@corvair.org
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:37:15 EST

Ed:

I do have all kinds of numbers on it.  The parts books at CarQuest don't seem
to list the boots that way;  rather, they list by year and vehicle.  I was
told that this was a truck bell housing, as it had the pre-drilled holes needed
for attaching the slave cylinder.  I was just curious if the other V8 Owners
had similar bell housings, and if so what they did for dust covers (the rubber
one that the fork sticks through).

I will call the truck retoration parts guys tomorrow;  hopefully they will
have the part.

In the mean time, I am have a heck of a time getting pulleys that match up;
The 350 engine I got didn't have any;  the first crank pully I got was for the
long water pump.  The next one I got doesn't line up with the waterpump
pulley I had;  the second water pump pully I got is too big (it hits on the crank
pulley); either that, or the crank pulley is too big.

Oh well, the devil is in the details .......

Thanks for your suggestions

Gary