[V8Vairs] Front Suspension Settings... / car!

v8vairs@corvair.org v8vairs@corvair.org
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:25:34 -0700

Worked on it this weekend.  I built the front suspension, and put the
engine, rear axle, and fuel cell into the car temporarily so that I can
mock up the headers and engine cover.  It is actually setting on the
wheels, and rolls, which is quite a thrill for me.  The tallest rear axle
ratio that I could get for the reverse rotation Ford 8.8 inch rear end is
a 3.31:1.  I would have liked a bit taller, closer to a 3.00, but was not
to be.  Rear tires are 26" tall, so acceleration should be adequate, and
mid-range highway throttle response should be crisp.

PatioMatt
Sent by: v8vairs-admin@corvair.org
12/29/2004 10:33 PM
Please respond to
v8vairs@corvair.org

v8vairs@corvair.org
cc

Subject
Re: [V8Vairs] Front Suspension Settings... / car!

Doug!  I hope you get this done soon!    With the availability of rear
gears[
 toro / eldo  shortcoming ]  this should be a screamer!

What gear will you start with?

Matt