[V8Vairs] V V flak!

v8vairs@corvair.org v8vairs@corvair.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:55:37 EST

In a message dated 1/18/05 6:48:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, akidd@zeagna.com
writes:

> This sounds egotistical but I would rather work on my car than spend time
> arguing with the unenlightened.  As an example I heard through a reliable
> source that someone posted on VV that there is no frame that will fit under
> a vair without modifications.

This is how problems start!  no reading! [ you're not subscribed..excused!]

The guy wanted to keep the Vair drivetrain..just add a frame since his
floorpans are so rusted....a pipe dreamer  no $$$

I told him where a $1500 DRIVER  Lakewood was...close to him.....says no $$$

Asked him what he thought it would cost for HIM  to "fit" a frame??   $50???
he replied!

He was looking for a "bolt on" !!!

A dozen people told him about  all you folks with frames.......no one ever
said "NO"...except me!  gggg

"No Mods"??..no torch work??  No  sheetmetal cutting???     Write it UP!! GG

"Sign off another list"??.......and spoil a chance for us to learn???
gggg

Matt