[V8Vairs] Re: flak!

Al Kidd v8vairs@corvair.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:56:43 -0500

I have no problem with posting a correction.  My problem is with people
stating facts that aren't true.  They are rarely the ones who post
corrections.

You are correct in that there are mods that need to be done to the interior
and exterior.  However most are no different than anything that would be
done with other V8 conversions.  This car is an example:
http://v8vairs.com/images/KiddAl/Al%20Kidd.htm  Other than the console and
air hole for the rad, can you see anything different?  The ears of the frame
were reduced front and back to tie in with the vair body.  The width and
wheelbase of the frame are as delivered by GM.  They sit perfectly under the
pinch weld for the door sills of the vair.