[V8Vairs] Update Status Report

v8vairs@corvair.org v8vairs@corvair.org
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:19:04 EST

Guys:

Thanks;  okay, so I have incorporated disc brakes as written by Lance Jordan;
 modified subframe as figured out by Mikie Hawks (allows for the alternator
to be mounted extra low, which allows for the seat to go farther back);
lowering block;  original HD rear springs; Clarks front V8 Springs; Tranny to Cross
member and cross member to body plastic bushings (Corvair motor sports); still
to put on original Crown sway bars;  still to put on electric windows, and
original factory tinted glass;  already has telescopic wheel and quick steering
box and arms; Fiero Sets yet to be put in; new 4 row radiator still to put in.
Early ralley wheels (15x7's) all the way around.  Steve Goodman has gone
through the differential (3.27 gears with 4 spider gears) and transmission, which
now has a vega side plate;  hurst shifter still to adapt.  Rear aluminum tube
heim joint connections from Differential to body (thanks Rick Norris).  Engine
is a 350, which will have 300 to 350 hp.

As you have said, I have tried to incorporate lots of good stuff that others
have previously thought of.  Thanks to all of you guys for sharing ideas!

Gary Hoffman