[V8Vairs] Response to Kelmark Conversion ?

Ryan Counterman VairKing at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 16:47:08 EDT 2005

Ive been running the backwards gears in my Kelmark for a while, dont seem to
have any problems with it.  I did properly adjust the lash so the gears met
correctly while turning backwards, and I use an electric gear lube pump to
keep the top of the gears and the bearings well lubbed.  As for the shifter,
I did everything possible to tighten up the stock Kelmark shifter in my car,
and it still shifts like a mack truck, (or an FC for that matter ggggggg)
so I am convinced the only way to cure it is to install a big car saganaw
side cover and run an aftermarket shifter (B and M, Hurst, etc.) and use
marine cables to control it.  Talking with Rick at the performance workshop
he was talking to me about a source for these marine cables, maybe he will
chime in and enlighten us, as I have forgotten.  I will be doing this mod to
my V8VAIR before Iowa...

Ryan Counterman,  Board Member, WMCC
VairKing at hotmail.com
'65 Corsa Coupe V8 Kelmark; '65 Monza Convert 110/4sp
http://webpages.charter.net/vairking/