[V8Vairs] Response to Kelmark Conversion ?

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet at charter.net
Thu May 12 21:06:23 EDT 2005

Okay Ya'll,
The cables I was talking to Ryan about were the old Morse style cables made
for boat controls, some of which are very long indeed. The link below is
from Overton's, a large boat accessories supplier. The newer models have a
different name but work the same. You can get the bracket clamps from them
also but Jegs and Summit carries them too.
Most of the Crown V8 Vairs use a Morse cable which was in the original kits
but we usually change the routing to a longer cable coming up from the rear
of the motor. I think mine is about 12 feet but it's for the throttle, not
the shifter. As Chris Wils said, you have to design your brackets well.
I found the cable has to have gentle curves to work best.
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/order/items2.cgi

Rick Norris