[V8Vairs] V8 Stuff

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Nov 19 02:01:11 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/18/2005 5:09:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
geoffj at unm.edu writes:

I have  been having fun doing a lot of work on my Torovair.  I put in a new
carpet and refinished the dashboard.  Most add a Corsa dash to a  Monza,
mine is the other way (started life as a Corsa).  I think it  looks cool
with the Sun tach, and stock
gauges in a corsa dash would  not do much good with that engine.  So I
added a 68-69 dash  panel.  It has the other aftermarket gauges below the
radio for oil  pressure, oil temp, and water temp.

For future needs? There is a reproduction Cluster for a 1967  Firebird which
I think would be a great conversion into the right hand side pod  on the 65-up
Monza dash with a water cooled motor. It looks exactly like a stock  install
and has a Oil Pressure gage, Fuel gage (matches the Vair sender), Temp  gage
(for water cooled cars, natch) and a Amp gage. I saw them again at SEMA  last
month. Most big auto swap meets have them on display as the restoration
places. You also might find one still in a Firebird. - Seth  Emerson