[V8Vairs] Re: new transaxle design and billet engine

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Mon Sep 26 09:04:57 EDT 2005

Great idea.

Couple of parameters.

Interior:   Symmetrical so R&P can be flipped for rotation either way.
		Hollow pinion gear shaft if possible to allow Mid or Rear
engine application.

Exterior:	Case mateable with trans in mid engine config and other side
to bell housing.
		Axle centerline as close to bell housing as possible.
		Mounting bosses for suspension.

Chuck S

-----Original Message-----
From: Me Too [mailto:dailygrind4ever at yahoo.com]
 Subject: [V8Vairs] Re: new transaxle design and billet engine

Hello all you people out there in V8 Vair land!!

I am currently designing a new differential case that
would take a larger differential and ring and pinion
gears...using IFS   components from a full size Chevy
truck.  This design would be very similar in size and
shape to the original Corvair design but would allow
gear changes, limited slip or locking differentials,
improved oiling,  and driving the gear from the
correct side instead of the coast side and would bolt
up to a bellhousing instead of having a collar.  I was
hoping to design a transmission case that would use
T-56 components that would bolt up to the
diff...giving a strong six speed transaxle that could
be used in either mid-engine or rear-engine
applications.

Thanks for your time,
Trent