[V8Vairs] Re: new transaxle design and billet engine

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Sep 26 01:02:03 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/25/2005 8:35:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dailygrind4ever at yahoo.com writes:

Let me  know what you guys think, I know this is V8
Vairs, but I know that all the  V8 guys could use a
stronger differential and wouldn't mind having  a
transmission w/more than 4 gears...and having a new
flat-six with SBC  components would be a 3/4 scale
twist on the V8 philosophy...if you would  be
interested for personal use or know someone who would,
please pass  this on.

Thanks for your time,
Trent

Hey Trent - I remember that the cylinder to cylinder / center to  center
dimensions of the Corvair are the same as the Big Block Chevy. I don't  know if
that helps, but it is notable! If you didn't want to go overhead cam,  you could
re-mount the cam above the Crank and shorten a pair of Big Block heads  to
three cylinders. Have fun! I will pay attention to your work with the
differential. If it is longer than the Corvair but still used the Saginaw case,  the
input shaft would have to be longer as well.

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette