[V8Vairs] new transaxle design and billet engine

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Mon Sep 26 00:07:38 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/25/2005 8:35:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dailygrind4ever at yahoo.com writes:

> I am currently designing a new differential case that
> would take a larger differential and ring and pinion
> gears...using IFS   components from a full size Chevy
> truck.  This design would be very similar in size and
> shape to the original Corvair design but would allow
> gear changes, limited slip or locking differentials,
> improved oiling,  and driving the gear from the
> correct side instead of the coast side and would bolt
> up to a bellhousing instead of having a collar.

Will you be making a case that will bolt to the Saginaw 4 speed.....ala Crown
for those of us that need no more gears...just a stronger R &P?

KelMark / MidEngineering are the ones that turned the transaxle
around..Crowns drove on the correct side..

Matt