[V8Vairs] RE: Front V8 Springs?

GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com
Wed Aug 16 23:39:21 EDT 2006

Toby:

The 2nd Crown car (I just bought 4 mos ago) has stock springs on in, and it
bottoms out on the slightest dip/bump.  Clarks has a couple versions of V8
springs, one for big block, one for small block, and may also have one for front
 engine cars.  I don't know the coil size/# of coil differences.

I did buy a set of the mid engine small block front coils for my 1st Crown
car (but I don't have them in yet).  I did test both a factory HD set and  the
V8 springs to get the #s to compress one inch, but I can't put my hands on
the results right now.  A friend put a set in his Crown car, and ended up
cutting one coil to get the front end lower.  I was hoping that others  might have
some experience with different version of V8 springs.  I know  Bob Coffin
sells some too, but I don't know if/how his differ from Clarks.   I was hoping to
find someone who has progressive coils.

Gary Hoffman

In a message dated 8/16/2006 9:07:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,