[V8Vairs] V8 on ebay

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Sun Dec 31 16:08:38 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/31/2006 12:03:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ricknorris at suddenlink.net writes:

> This seems to be a common mistake with V8 Vairs. Guys spend a lot of money
> on the engine and not enough on the really important things like cooling.
> The execution looks very crude but this is exactly what Crown had in mind
> when the kit was offered. It was intended to be down and dirty.
> Most V8 Vairs I've seen look like this. It is due to a lack of understanding
>
> and probably skill too.
> Also it takes patience which a lot of folks lack.

Rick, if you'd been into Crowns in the 70's........you'd  have seen way more
"down and Dirty" than  show queens.

The kit came with instructions...everyone followed them.....4-6 guys working
together got the car converted in a week or 2...

And no one had cooling problems.....just breakage...as today.......but
everyone drove them HARD.....and parts were cheap...and the same 4 guys that helped
you build it ...helped fix it...  life was good!

My 1st v8 was an Crown with a Vette diff....and a  super short 3 speed truck
trans....2.91 R & P.....471 GMC pump on a short stroke 301 [ bored .125 283]

Never broke....but was mainly for top speed running...

Had you seen Ted's own car and the "test mule"  you'd feel like you shamed
him!! ggg

Matt