[V8Vairs] V8 on ebay

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun Dec 31 21:40:53 EST 2006

In 1997 at the Lake Placid Convention Ted showed up with a Crown conversion.
He said it was not his original mule but, it had most of the original parts
from his mule. He retired back to Vermont where he was originally from. He
drove the car to the Convention, autocrossed it and drove home. I have
photos of the car and yes Matt, it was crude just like the original kits
were. Mine was a crudely built car when I got it. It was done in the late
sixties by some guys that used what they had with what knowledge they had.
When I first read the instruction manual I remember reading how they told
you to install the engine. It was get several good buddies with strong backs
together with some chain and several sheets of plywood. In short, you man
handled it in place. Homie don't play dat! Maybe when I was younger but I
use a lift among other things.
The whole idea behind it was to be cheap, dirty and quick. It was!

Rick