[V8Vairs] Coolant Fill (full)

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Sun Feb 12 09:00:48 EST 2006

> "Simple" open question to "this-here" group--: How does one "fill" the coolant system when the radiator cap is below the top of the engine coolant top level--ala Fiero? Please explain what parts or equipment is required--"how-to"--.  Thanks;    Dewey

Simple question but a pita to do at times. Need to have bleeders- tiny
valves similar to radiator drain valves except smaller at the high points
in the piping system. Also would put anywhere in loops up and an air
pocket could form. I went to Harbour Freight and bought a nice 12v
transfer pump and used it to fill system from a lower point and filled
till water came out all of the potential air pockets/high points.

regards,

frank parker
65 NS vair
65 Corsa turbo