[V8Vairs] Differential Question

Marty Scarr martyscarr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 22:08:21 EST 2006

Hi Kevin-

Your idea will work - it's not really a Kelmark setup as this will
still turn the R&P in the correct direction.  You will have to build a
"marine" V8 that turns in the reverse direction; or are you going to
use a Corvair engine?

This setup is what Dave Langsather did when he built his custom
Corvair powered sports car - he cut the bellhousing in half (parallel
to the flywheel), and welded it back together after he had flipped the
transaxle over.

You will have to do some custom fabrication for the rear suspension,
as the attachment points don't line up anymore....

Regards
Marty Scarr