[V8Vairs] paint tips

Brown, Douglas T CIV NAVAIR DEPT douglas.t.brown at navy.mil
Fri Jul 28 13:07:45 EDT 2006

Jimmie,
You didn't mention whether your paint gun is standard pressure or HVLP
(high volume low pressure).  It makes a huge difference in the pressure
you use.  20 psi is just about right for an HVLP gun, but way low for a
standard gun.  I recommend buying an HVLP gun.  You can get a fairly
decent one for occasional use at Harbor Freight Tools (online, if not
local to you).  The money you spend will be saved in paint you don't
overspray.  Either way, you need a smaller tip.

Toby Brown

----