[V8Vairs] Kelmark Starter question

VairMech at aol.com VairMech at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 22:15:06 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/10/2006 2:31:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vairking at hotmail.com writes:

The  starter my Kelmark uses is the old style chevy, which bolts to the
bellhousing, just like a Corvair.  It is what came with the car when  I got
it.  I am unsure what the starter is from but the motor that  came with the
car was a '73 Truck 350ci motor, 4 bolt mains,  etc.

    The good thing about GM is they don't change a few  things, like the bolt
patern to attach the bellhousing. The belhousing you have  is for an older
V-8 starting in 1955 and running through about 1965 when they  changed the
mounting of the starter to the block. The older bellhousings used  that style of
starter and if you have a newer engine you could very well have  the mounting
for the new style starter also.
    So the next time you need a starter go in and ask  for one for a 57 chevy
with a 327.

    Ken Hand