[V8Vairs] Rear Disc Brakes

Chris Wills cjwills at msn.com
Sat Mar 11 15:37:58 EST 2006

George,

Pick up mounting plates from an 83-86 Camaro with rear disc brakes.  They
use the same calipers as the Seville, but the rotor hat is slightly deeper.
Turn the spindles to fit inside the Camaro rotor (I recall 5.8" dia) Center
the mounting plate with caliper at rear (you have to relocate the shocks
inboard) and drill holes to match the four studs that held the original drum
brake back plate.  you have to open up the hole in the center of the Camaro
plates a small amount to slip over the bearing housing.  You will need to
disassemble the bearing housing/spindle and reassemble...

Note: The piston bore is really too small to give maximum braking as you
will have the front disc brakes doing more than their share.

Using the Camaro mounting plate and rotor and Seville or Camaro calipers
looks like a factory installation, and everything lines up.

Chris Wills