[V8Vairs] RE: Jim Acker's suspension

spamfree spamfree at socal.rr.com
Mon Apr 16 00:09:07 EDT 2007

I’m following your posts with great interest.  My desires for an SBC Corv8
also include using a 930 transaxle, but I have a question about your
application.  Can the 930 really take the stresses of direct axle attachment
as a suspension link like in the Corvair?  I plan to use the Corvair swing
arms and similar lower links if I can, and such a U-joint suspension would
greatly ease construction.  I’d like to stay away from the complications of
a four-link and CV’s if possible.
I am unaware of available info about previous 930 builds, but I imagine
someone has figured it out by now.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Jim Hart