[V8Vairs] RE: Jim Acker's suspension

Brown, Douglas T CIV NAVAIR DEPT douglas.t.brown at navy.mil
Mon Apr 16 12:25:52 EDT 2007

Jim,

To the best of my knowledge, the Porsche transaxle requires a separate
upper control arm to support the wheel.  The Porsche output hub was not
designed to take the side loads as in the Corvair trans.  All
installations I have seen have used a slip joint axle with an upper
control arm.

These forums may help you get more detailed information:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tech-powertrain-transaxles/16212-porsche
-g50-info.html
http://forums.corner-carvers.com/showthread.php?t=21650

Toby Brown