[V8Vairs] Re: V8Vairs Digest, Vol 26, Issue 9

jim.acker at comcast.net jim.acker at comcast.net
Mon Apr 16 18:45:55 EDT 2007

Jim,
I asked the same question and there is no answer.  Specifically, there are a lot of opinions on either side.  My research showed no reason to belive there was anything in the Corvair transaxle that made it better suited to side loads than the 930 and common sense would suggest the bulk of the load is carried by the lower control arm anyway.  In the end, I went with the stock set-up.  You can see my project at the following link.  My car is due back from paint in the next few weeks and i will be installing the transaxle then.  I'll update the site to reflect what I do.
http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter981/content/V8Vair.html