[V8Vairs] Technical question on plasma cutters.

GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 08:36:41 EDT 2007

George:

I forgot to add that I have never tried cutting cast iron (but I have used
it on other metals, e.g. aluminum).  I don't know of any reason why it
wouldn't work.  You do get a lot of very localized heat, so I guess there  is the
potential for cracking the piece (when you go to weld cast iron with a  torch,
you have got to evenly heat up basically the entire piece, or you run the  risk
of it cracking).

Give it a try, and let us all know how it turns out!

Gary Hoffman