[V8Vairs] Fuel Cell / Battery

Larry larry at larryboardman.com
Sun Dec 2 15:41:14 EST 2007

I need to add weight up front in addition to a front spoiler. Because
of a 11:1 compression, I really need 2 batteries to start the car
just to be safe. It seems each startup really takes its toll on the
battery.  I am going to have my batteries load tested.  I am thinking
of putting a double aluminum battery box up front with a 3 way switch
(#1, #2, Both, plus OFF) in the cabin along with a "Battery Bug".  It
is a real neat gauge that monitors discharge, charging and warns if
the charge is lower than the last start up needed.  Has anyone put
their batteries up front?

I was also thinking of putting a fuel cell up front instead of the
batteries to supplement the standard fuel tank. In this case, I would
put the batteries in the rear which is easier. I have used fuel tank
switch over valves in another car and they worked great.  I have both
the fuel gauge and valve hooked to one switch so when I flipped to
another tank, I knew the level.  The 10 or so gallons does not go far
with 430 cubes!

Regards from Larry in VERY Cold Connecticut