[V8Vairs] Batteries up front

smkukowski at aol.com smkukowski at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 08:21:57 EST 2007

I put a timing retard box on my Corv8 to cure the starting problem?due to?high compression.? It retards the timing 4-6 degrees upon start up and when you rev it above 1500 RPM it changes back to normal timing setting.? I have?had?no trouble starting even on a hot day in between SCCA runs.? It's made by MSD.

Shawn K.

I need to add weight up front in addition to a front spoiler. Because
of a 11:1 compression, I really need 2 batteries to start the car
just to be safe. It seems each startup really takes its toll on the
battery.  I am going to have my batteries load tested.  I am thinking
of putting a double aluminum battery box up front with a 3 way switch
(#1, #2, Both, plus OFF) in the cabin along with a "Battery Bug".  It
is a real neat gauge that monitors discharge, charging and warns if
the charge is lower than the last start up needed.  Has anyone put
their batteries up front?