[V8Vairs] GM TPI question

George Jones bubblehd at excite.com
Sun Feb 11 22:25:39 EST 2007

I'm looking at the possibility of replacing my Edelbrock Performer and 4160 carb with a GM TPI set-up. I've been doing some research on the conversion, and the only problem I see is with the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS). From what I see, this is a critical requirement to have the ECM function properly. The question I have, is; where, on a Crown drivetrain, can I install a VSS? From what I've read, the normal location is at the output of the transmission, obviously difficult to do on the Crown.