[V8Vairs] GM TPI question

Matthew Strebler streblerm at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 12 06:36:39 EST 2007

I wouldn't use the stock computer, too many sensors to deal with.  I haven't built one yet, but http://www.megasquirt.info/ details all the parts and skills you'll need to build your own fuel injection system.  I believe the only signals you need are MAP,  air tamp, coolant temp, O2, and TPS.  You can use whatever other FI hardware floats your boat, then the megasquirt computer will control it, with a little bit of programming.  There is a tremendous following for Megasquirt, just check it out.

George Jones <bubblehd at excite.com> wrote:
I'm looking at the possibility of replacing my Edelbrock Performer and 4160 carb with a GM TPI set-up. I've been doing some research on the conversion, and the only problem I see is with the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS). From what I see, this is a critical requirement to have the ECM function properly. The question I have, is; where, on a Crown drivetrain, can I install a VSS? From what I've read, the normal location is at the output of the transmission, obviously difficult to do on the Crown.