[V8Vairs] GM TPI question

vairmech at aol.com vairmech at aol.com
Tue Feb 13 19:24:04 EST 2007

 How about gettin

 -----Original Message-----
 From: bubblehd at excite.com
 To: V8Vairs at corvair.org
 Sent: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:25 PM
 Subject: [V8Vairs] GM TPI question

I'm looking at the possibility of replacing my Edelbrock Performer and 4160 carb
with a GM TPI set-up. I've been doing some research on the conversion, and the
only problem I see is with the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS). From what I see, this
is a critical requirement to have the ECM function properly. The question I
have, is; where, on a Crown drivetrain, can I install a VSS? From what I've
read, the normal location is at the output of the transmission, obviously
difficult to do on the Crown.