[V8Vairs] Corsa tach-V8?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 01:34:35 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/13/2007 5:28:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jim_a_b3 at hotmail.com writes:

What do  you have to do to a Corsa tach to read V8 rpm?
Thanks
Jim Briggs
266  rear engine aluminum Olds Corsa now running but not quite ready to  roll

Jim - There is an adjustment hole on the back of the tach - I think  the one
you want has a litttle sticker over it. I would directly hook-up an  auxiliary
tach - They used to be called "Dwell-tachs" (Digital if you have  one!) -
Bring it up to say, 2000 RPM on the high scale and hold it  there and adjust the
dash tach to match. That is probably close enough. If you  have another Corsa
dash out of the car you can check out the tach in advance.  Now, about that
cylinder head temp gage! <grin> -  Seth