[V8Vairs] Jim Acker's Transaxle

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Thu Jul 26 09:04:36 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <jim.acker at comcast.net>
Subject: [V8Vairs] Jim Acker's Transaxle

> Since I last posted about my decision to use a 4 transverse link IRS, I
have done more research on the ability of the 930 transaxle to take the side
loads associated with the stock IRS configuration.
************

while speaking of rear ends, I notice quite a few 944 Porsche cars around
that are becoming reasonable $$$ now ...   is that rear end suitable for
corvair useage?

Also, I have been thinking the last few years that the best answer to the
"modified vair" need .... is if someone would put together a good kit to
install a sidewinder unit in the backseat ... 4 cylinder would be fine,
geepers any good ricer rig would be great ...  I've always wanted a vair
with a 9000 rpm shift point .. . (g) ...

.....or you could pick something like a Tempo; the engine lasts forever, and
if you turbo it with 30 lbs boost or so, it would run real good for a while
....   ... and you can find them cheap enough to have 2 or 3 built ahead of
time ....