[V8Vairs] Front Coil springs

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Jun 15 12:07:48 EDT 2007

_douglas.t.brown at navy.mil_ (mailto:douglas.t.brown at navy.mil)    writes

I have heavy duty springs on my Crown V-8 that seem too stiff and  tall,
especially the front. With no gas tank, bumper, coolant, or  steering
box, the front end won't settle down off the overtravel bump stops.  I
don't believe adding these items will increase the front load  enough,
and cutting the coils would stiffen the ride and remove the closed  end
of the spring. Engine is installed.

The spring wire diameter is  .510, whereas the wire diameter on my Corsa
front springs is .450. I would  like the front to ride a little lower,
but don't want to increase the spring  rate beyond the already stiff
ride. Suggestions? Do I just remove the HD  springs and get stock
springs? Clark's suggests their HD springs lower the  car about 1", yet
the same part number is listed for V-8 mid-engine cars and  they say it
will raise it 1-1/2 to 2" in front. This P/N is unavailable  anyway and
they substitute the cp or ct springs. What is the  difference?

Toby  Brown