[V8Vairs] water cooled in the rear

The13Bats at aol.com The13Bats at aol.com
Sun Nov 4 00:04:43 EST 2007

Greetings,
A member of another corvair site turned me on to your site when I asked the
following question,

So I want to put a Corvair auto tranny and engine in the back of my  kit car
but was a bit disappointed in the power output of the Vair engine I  don't
want a fire breather just between 150-200 HP

I was thinking , lets  say we have a stock Corvair with automatic tranny,
We want to take the Vair  engine out and put a v 6 or v 8 in there, well that
cant happen the Vair engine  run backwards,
However.....what if we get a reverse rotation engine like  used in boats and
bolt that to the vair tranny install a radiator why wouldn't  this work and if
it will has it been done much?

Here's a link to my kit  car
_http://www.laser917.net/infusions/registry/registry_view_panel.php?A=121_
(http://www.laser917.net/infusions/registry/registry_view_panel.php?A=121)

I dont want to butcher the car so rear engine is a must

What would be sweet is a mild Buick v6 hanging off a power glide in the  rear
can that be done?
Perhaps you guys know a better lighter engine to hang back there and how to
overcome the reverse rotation thing

Many thanks
P.