[V8Vairs] Heat and Brake Lines

Jim Acker jim.acker at comcast.net
Thu Nov 8 22:16:35 EST 2007

My project needs brake lines installed and I'm having trouble keeping the
rear lines from being close to the headers.  My headers are close to the
sub-frame rails, which is where I hoped to run the lines.  I'm thinking
about making a heat barrier between the headers and the sub-frame rail using
sheet metal, but I'm curious how much heat is need to actually affect the
brakes.  In my case, the headers are about 4" away from the ideal place to
run the lines on the top of the sub-frame rails.  Do I need to worry about
this?