[V8Vairs] Front transmission seal

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 20:58:29 EST 2007

Jerry,

This may, or may not be valid for your particular situation, as each
Crown conversion can be different. The seal for one of my
transmissions was a 471707N National seal.... yep, same as
differential side seal. The other was a one off input shaft, and I
don't recall the seal number. Best bet is to remove the old seal, copy
any visible seal  numbers, and measure seal seat diameter and shaft
diameter and take that info to your local bearing house, They'll fix
you up.

--
Ask me how you can win this 64 Monza Convertible

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/65CrownV8/TCC%20Project%20Car/

George Jones
Tidewater Corvair Club (since 1987)
Central Virginia Corvair Club (since 2006)
Corvair Society of America (CORSA)(since 1987)
'65 Monza Crown V8 Convertible
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397326
'66 Monza Coupe Custom (in progress)