[V8Vairs] Re: Kelmark shift linkage?

Bruce azcamino at cox.net
Tue Nov 13 14:39:47 EST 2007

The coupler/u-joint is one of the best parts on this assembly and apparently was originally sealed.  It is still very tight (no slop) and I think I can relube it and reseal it with a piece of bicycle tire tube and a couple of clamps.  It's current location is a problem though as it is located directly below the engine crossmember.  I think it needs to be to the rear just behind the crossmember.  The Kelmark instructions mention a bracket just below the crossmember that the rod is supposed to go through.  That bracket is missing on my crossmember.

I'll check into the buggy cable shifters, to see what they look like.  Thanks, Matt.

I would like to try to keep the Kelmark as originally designed if possible.  How did Kelmark support the front of the rod and shift handle?

Bruce Tester