[V8Vairs] re: Lakewood bellhousing

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Oct 6 16:39:52 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/6/2007 8:23:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com writes:

..the guy at work finally brought it in,so it's one thing off the list of
"parts to get"..the site doesn't show this one,tho,it's split ,upper/lower bolted
together,has mount holes for ?55-57 or truck? maybe?,even came with the flat
block plate..Tom..//

I remember that one! It was to be used as a bolt-in for the 55-57 Chevy. They
used mounts on either side of the bellhousing with little cup mounts on the
front of the block. Only 58 and on CHevy V8s had the three-bolt side mounts.
(My first 5 cars were 55-56 Chevys - the last of which I blew - as in exploded -
the clutch) - Seth