[V8Vairs] Introduction

Larry larry at larryboardman.com
Mon Oct 15 19:13:52 EDT 2007

Hi Matt:

Yes, that is the car from Ebay. I drove up to Canada from Connecticut
on Wednesday, inspected the car, loaded on the trailer and was back
by noon on Thursday. The owner told me that this was his fathers car,
completed in 2004 with only 2600 miles on it. Unfortunately, his
father died earlier this year and before his death built another
V8Vair for his son called the Firevair.  It is a mid-engine using a
Firebird motor. The workmanship is amazing.

Getting a car over the border is quite easy.  This is the second time
I have done it.  It only takes 3 forms (DOT, EPA and Homeland
Security) and there is no fee or duty because the car is over 21
years old.  Anyone who is considering bringing in a car from Canada
should not be afraid to do so.

The car does give off black smoke when I hit the throttle when
parked. I assume it smokes when driving as well and it does have that
heavy carbon/unused gas smell. I hope to take the back seat and
panels off tomorrow to check out the carburetor. The last car I had
with a Quadrajet (69 DeVille) that ran rich, it was easier to replace
the carburetor than to fool with it.  Iam going to check the receipts
to see if it was rebuilt.

Larry Boardman