[V8Vairs] Adapting the stock engine wiring harness

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 21:52:06 EDT 2007

 ??? I have to ask, other than reshaping the wire harness to fit the V-8, is there any other reason to open up the harness?

?? Unless you are going for looks, you only need a jumper wire from the Bat terminal on the Alternator to the #1 Terminal of the double plug, (I think that is the battery sense terminal, check to make sure). Use the existing brown, (or any color) wire that runs to the block for the regulator and jumper to the one that works the idiot light. If I remember correctly that is the way it goes. Do consult the wiring manual to be sure.
??? There is one other thought that the battery voltage sense wire needs to come from the battery for the "most" correct signal, not necessarily so. I have jumped many/all of my conversions from the alt. battery terminal to the #1 with no detrimental effects to the charging system.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com