[V8Vairs] Clutch pedal setup for V8 Corvair-suggestions needed

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 08:57:44 EDT 2007

Bill-
I believe your setup mounts the clutch master toward the center of the car.
If so it probably uses the arm, that usually works the stock clutch cable, to activate the master cyl rod.
I had that setup on my old V8 car.
You can have the arm rewelded to the horizontal shaft and reinforced with a piece of strap around the
horizontal shaft and the arm.
On my current V6 car I moved the clutch master to the side of the brake master and
bolted a plate on the side of the clutch pedal arm to link to the clevis for the clutch master.
I think that will work better. I had to do some metal work on the mounting for the clutch master.
I made a reinforcing plate to go on the interior side and made that so it would bolt to
the lower dash bracket.
Ed