[V8Vairs] Saginaw 5-speed??

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 09:55:16 EDT 2008

..we got Ron's mid-327 pretty much done Thursday-made it to cruise nite (see CC post 'fashionably late(s)' )..I followed in YS-022,and got to wrestle the yellow beast back home..so,since I've got "nothing else to do", I've cut off the 'ear-side' of a 66 case and located the 'Corvair-specific' holes in the Vega tail-end to have it machined to bolt up to the late diff *without an adapter*...it's behind me,on the dining room floor,near the T-5 stuff for my s10 parts,so I set the alum tail-housing on the Saginaw--hey," Y-NOT" ?? ..T-5 main+counter shafts in the iron case ?? It'll add about 4" to the length,but with a 4.3 ahead,I'm still further back for my needed leg-room...hhhmmm...:^)...