[V8Vairs] Trailing Arm Bushing Assemblies

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 12:22:00 EDT 2008

Dave Clemons recently announced the availability of the Monoball trailing
arm kits. His announcement is shown below. Some of you may have seen a prototype
 of the assembly on my table at this year's Performance Workshop. I sent the
prototype home with Dave, secure in the knowledge that he could source the
piece parts and get it to market quicker than I could. I need to give credit to
 Dave Edsinger of Maryland for the initial design of the installation. This
setup  was on Dave's Yenko Stinger that took Top Time of Day at the Detroit
Autocross.  All I did was layout an easier way to install the set-up in the
trailing arm. If  you are currently building or rebuilding a late model trailing
arm for  either competition use or Mid-engine V8 use, this is an easy way to
eliminate  trailing arm "wandering" under load. Personally, I do not suggest
installing these on a regular street only driven Corvair, with the  exception of
a V8 car. The ride will definitely be affected - it will be  stiffer. Your
tooth mileage may vary!

Seth Emerson
Silicone Wire Systems

Stinger Motorsports is happy to announce a new Performance Corvair
Suspension part.

Trailing Arm Monoball assembly. This bushing replacement  presses into the
front pivot of the 65 to 69 rear trailing arms giving you a QA1  Monoball to
pivot on. Using this Mono ball assembly will allow you to get rid of  the toe
rods in the rear suspension and allow the suspension to move more  freely.

This item is intended for Race cars and those who like a race  car feel on
the street.

The kit will consist of the following  parts

2 Monoball housings
2 Com12 QA1 monoballs
2 retaining snap  rings
4 alignment bushings

The housing is designed to be pressed into  the trailing arm and then tack
welded to assure it doesn't move. If the bearing  ever goes bad it can be
replaced without removing the housing from the trailing  arm.

The first batch of these will be ordered based off your interest. I  have in
hand the final production unit and the first production run will be made  in
two weeks.

If you want a set of these Monoball assemblies please  contact me off list at
_StingerMotorsports at Stinger_ (mailto:StingerMotorsports at cox.net)   or at 540
204 0917.

Price per kit (enough for one car) $95.00 Plus $5.00  for shipping.
Payment can be made through Paypal or by mailing a  payment.

I have pictures of this item available for anyone that is  interested just
send an email for them.

Thanks for your time
David  Clemens
Stinger Motorsports