[V8Vairs] Carburation

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 21 19:59:33 EDT 2008

Jim-
I'm running a 600cfm Edelbrock on the '67 350 in my '30 Ford roadster. I has previously used an AFB that was a little smaller. The AFB was worn out so I sprang for the Edelbrock. I have the same impression: the mileage is not good but it goes like heck.
I think rejetting and replacing metering rods would help the mileage. I was so fed up with the old AFB I just bolted on the Edelbrock and drove on. I'm fairly certain that it is jetted too rich. The plugs are always black and the exhaust smells of raw fuel. I don't have to pass a smog test so I'm not sure how bad it is. I may have to find someone with a "sniffer machine" to see how bad it really is.
Ed