[V8Vairs] Throttle Assembly

Paul Siano paulsiano at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 16:19:04 EST 2008

The Morse style works very well and gets my vote.

  Paul

  66 Corsa Crown Chevy aluminum 283

Jim Acker <jim.acker at comcast.net> wrote:
  I'm close to getting my car on the road and am now working on the throttle
assembly. More specifically, I am working on the linkage from the stock
pedal assembly to the Edelbrock carb. The stock pedal is a pusher type and
the cable has a long way to go. Do most you guys run a high quality cable,
like a Morse style, in a pusher configuration from the pedal to the carb?
Or, do you shorten the stock accelerator rod in the tunnel and use the stock
bell-crank to create a pull style?

I'm just trying to get a read on whether a push configuration really works
well over such a long distance. I'm planning to run it under the motor and
back up behind to the cable bracket I have between the driver side valve
cover and the distributor, much like Rick Norris did on his white car. This
is nearly 10 ft of cable I'd be pushing!

Jim Acker