[V8Vairs] V8Vairs Throttle cable/Throttle response

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Thu Feb 7 10:02:31 EST 2008

 ??? If you guys are referring to the new car throttle response with the electronic throttle, there is a pedal lag from the time you step on the throttle to the time of engine reaction. It is very similar to a turbo lag as was mentioned. I have driven 2010 vehicles with the same thing happening so don't look for that to go away soon unless there is a lot of consumer complaint and even then I think that it has a lot to do with emissions. I think the days of snappy throttle response are gone in the new cars.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com